This name designates the 19th-century portion of the house, built and added to the original structure in 1839 by Alexander Little, who purchased the property from Dr. Thomas D. Parke. The furnishings of the house include a butler's desk, a Pembroke table and a Hepplewhite chest. Patchwork quilts and hand-woven coverlids are used in each of the houses.
The museums have been awarded the Cannon Cup by the NC Society for Preservation of Antiquities and the Halifax Resolves Award presented by the Historic Halifax Restoration Association. In 1972 the houses were entered on the prestigious National Register of Historical Places.